Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Short Pilgrimages to Small Pilgrim Places
Monday 18th September 2017, 3:02 PM
Ali Green ha been travelling again, this time to visit two of our SPPs in Essex. Instalment number 11 of her journal is now up in the Members' Area. She will share her experiences in her talk "A Rosary of Sacred Spaces: Reflections on Short Pilgrimages to Small Pilgrim Places" at the National Gathering in Peterborough on 21st October. All welcome. Contact us for details.