Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Summer Newsletter and National Gathering
Thursday 3rd August 2017, 4:23 PM
The Summer newsletter has now gone out to members. We have welcomed a lot of new members in the last few months, and have also been working extensively on this website with re-ordering and additional material. Do explore it! The main event coming up is the National Gathering on Saturday 21 October (10.30 am to 4.00 pm) at Peterborough Quakers, 21 Thorpe Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 6AB. Ali Green will speak on her reflections on Short Pilgrimages to Small Pilgrim Places. All are welcome to all or part of the day (talk at 11.40 am), Bring and share lunch. Email us to book or for further details (use Contact Us link on the menu).