Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
The Well, Centre for Spirituality, Elsie Briggs House, is a small, 15th Century Hall House in Westbury on Trym. (It can be seen on the right of the photograph). It has been open as a place of …
A pilgrim's travels
Saturday 4th August 2018, 7:13 PM
Ali Green has been on her travels again, this time in the Welsh borders and in Cornwall. Entries 13 and 14 are in the Members' Area of the website, and there is also a brief note and some photos on our Facebook page.