Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Saturday 25th March 2017, 3:29 PM
The 2017 Handbook is now at the printers and hard copies will be included in the mailing to members which should go out before Easter. Do take the time to look at it again, it expands on the website information about the ethos and practicalities of a Small Pilgrim Place. A copy is in the "Latest SPPN Materials" section of the Members' Area of the website, and non-members can request a copy by email. Leaflets etc. will follow soon.