Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
New Year News
Thursday 4th January 2018, 10:57 AM
Welcome to new Small Pilgrim Place St Mary's Felpersham in Bedfordshire. Not "Small" at first glance, the first impression inside is of space and light and it is an impressive sight, with the nave lined with pillars and arches and the central tower supported on four, finely moulded columns. The 15th century rood screen is the most decorative permanent feature in an otherwise simply decorated interior. It draws the eye through into the chancel where there are chairs for those who wish to pray quietly in an atmosphere of tranquility and peacefulness. On the south side, there is a memorial chapel with a small votive stand for anyone wishing to light a candle.