Small Pilgrim Places Directory
View a map of Small Pilgrim Places (PDF file - 212Kb).
For the protection of all, visit safely. Health and Safety and safeguarding are the responsibility of each SPP and their parent organisation, but if you have any concerns about the safeguarding of any individual contact the relevant authority, normally the police.
A simple Noncomformist chapel dating from 1822, refurbished(and being refurbished) to provide a simple welcoming peaceful atmosphere. Situated on the coastal path, the view from the church door over Portscatho Bay is unequalled.
Standard opening times: Normally open every day, approximately during working hours. At other times ...
Location: Portscatho, Cornwall, United Kingdom
14th Century Chapel - a quiet place in a bustling cathedral close.
Available most days from 7.30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Arrange access and book quiet days with the Cathedral vergers tel.no. 01353 660342 or email email@example.com
Location: Ely, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
14th Century church amidst ancient yew trees. A beautiful building restored/re-ordered in the 19th century by G E Street.
Standard opening times: Open about 9.30 am to 5 pm daily. Midweek Eucharist on Thursdays at 10 am.
Location: Welshpool, Powys, United Kingdom
A small rural church on a ridge high above the River Tees with beautiful views across into Yorkshire, in a very quiet area where one can enjoy the views and the peace and quiet inside the building. A Grade 1 Medieval church built in 1245, and re-arranged in the Victorian period by Dobson, the Newcastle architect, to take a belfry. The grisaille ...
Location: Darlington, Durham, United Kingdom
The Grade II listed 14th Century Church is on the site of 6th Century Cell of St Corentyn. There is a Lady Chapel. The Churchyard has a Celtic Cross and views over the valley to the Sea.
The Church is open daily 10am - 4pm and at other times by arrangement with the Hospitaller. On Tuesday there is bell practice between 2.30-3.30 ...
Location: Cury near Helston, Cornwall, United Kingdom
The Parish Church in Ebrington stands in a commanding position in one of the highest parts of the village. It looks over a fertile vale to the hills of the Cotswold borderland. Despite being now almost encircled by trees, its short and sturdy Tower is still a landmark for miles around. St. Eadburgha is the patron saint. Not much is known of ...
Location: Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
An ancient pilgrim church, above the beach, at the end of the Lleyn Peninsula in north-west Wales - the last staging post before crossing to Ynys Enlli (Bardsey Island). Thousands of pilgrims over the centuries have offered their prayers in this church, and their successors are making their way down the coast again, either on short distance walks ...
Location: Aberdaron, Gwynedd, United Kingdom