Small Pilgrim Places Directory

View a map of Small Pilgrim Places (PDF file - 212Kb).

Select a Small Pilgrim Place, Location, County or Region



For the protection of all, visit safely. Health and Safety and safeguarding are the responsibility of each SPP and their parent organisation, but if you have any concerns about the safeguarding of any individual contact the relevant authority, normally the police.

Rows 22 to 28 (of 52) :- <-Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next->


St. Laurence Saxon Church, Bradford on Avon

St. Laurence Saxon Church, Bradford on Avon

The Saxon Church (as it is known locally) is an Ancient Monument, now in the care and ownership of an ecumenical charity, The Saxon Church Trustees. A charter of King Æthelred granted Bradford to the nuns of Shaftesbury in 1001, and the church’s architecture suggests it was built for the nuns early in the eleventh century.

St ...

Location: Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Laurence, Pittington

St. Laurence, Pittington

Pre-conquest church in peaceful locality at Hallgarth, isolated from present settlements. Linked to Durham Cathedral by its Norman architecture. There are wall paintings celebrating St. Cuthbert’s life, a tomb cover to Christian the Mason who created Norman arches, and the pre-Norman framework is very obvious. St Laurence is a Parish Church ...

Location: Pittington, Durham, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Laurence, West Challow, Wantage

St. Laurence, West Challow, Wantage

The parish church of St. Laurence is a Grade II* listed building constructed in the 12th century and is one of six churches which make up the Ridgeway Benefice. It has a nave and chancel, which are structurally undivided, and a North Porch. The walls are of rubble with freestone dressings and are rough-cast externally and plastered within. The ...

Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Lawrence, Stratford-sub-Castle

St. Lawrence, Stratford-sub-Castle

Located at the foot of Old Sarum.

The present church, built of flint, rubble and ashlar (square-hewn stones some of which have almost certainly come from Old Sarum), is typical of an English country church with a Nave, small rectangular Chancel, western Tower, and a south Porch. Although consecrated in 1326, in the reign of Edward ...

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Maelrhys, nr Aberdaron

St. Maelrhys, nr Aberdaron

A very small, very simple church in a peaceful isolated location on a quiet back lane just inland from Porth Ysgo. With the original box pews to one side and rustic benches on the other, it speaks of the history of landowner farmers and their employees.

This is one of only two churches on the Llyn Peninsula from where you can see ...

Location: Pwllheli, Gwynedd, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Margaret's Chapel, Glastonbury

St. Margaret's Chapel, Glastonbury

The Chapel is part of a group of buildings that date back to the 13th Century, when Glastonbury was a major pilgrimage destination. It was firstly a “Hospital for visiting pilgrims" and later the Chapel (possibly paid for by Margaret of Scotland) was added. During the Reformation the Hospital was destroyed and was later replaced by two rows ...

Location: Glastonbury, Somerset, United Kingdom

More Information...


St. Martin of Tours, Chelsfield

St. Martin of Tours, Chelsfield

An early medieval church, the Anglican Parish Church of Chelsfield, Kent, is dedicated to St. Martin of Tours. The earliest parts of the current church building were constructed in the 12th century. A tower and chapel were added in the 13th century, a porch in the15th century and the current clergy vestry in the 19th century. An extension, ...

Location: Orpington, Kent, United Kingdom

More Information...


Rows 22 to 28 (of 52) :- <-Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next->

View all Small Pilgrim Places ->