The Pales, Llandegley
The Pales is the oldest Quaker Meeting House in Wales in continuous use. It is an active place of worship (3 p.m. on the 3rd Sunday of every month) and a place for prayer and reflection.
Built in 1717, it is a stone building with a thatched roof. The Cottage, built at a later date, is occupied by a Friend in Residence. There are extensive grounds with a pond, flower borders and a small woodland.
The Meeting House and grounds are open every day and visitors are always welcome.
2017 is the Tricentennial of the building of the Meeting House and events are planned to celebrate (see website below for details).
The Pales, Llandegley, Llandrindod Wells, Powys, LD1 5UH, United Kingdom
Grid reference: SO 140 643
By Car - At the village of Llandegley look for brown information sign and follow this. (If approaching from the North you may find that there are gates on the road which must be opened and closed.) Parking is available at the Quarry which is a Site of Special Scientific Interest so care should be taken when parking. The quarry is a two minute walk from the building. Full directions and map can be found on web site shown below.
Available for meetings, workshops, etc. Has wheelchair access (including accessible toilets), presentation equipment, and basic catering facilities. A small woodland and meditation pond. The Meeting House is always open and available for private or communal prayer, worship and meditation. There is accommodation & food available 3 miles away at Pen-y-Bont. Talks on The Pales, local history, or Quakerism available on request.
Tel: 01597 851546