Old Schoolhouse and Chapel, Huccaby
Built in 1868 as a combined mission chapel and schoolroom, St. Raphael's still has the Victorian school desks which convert to pews. It has the distinction of being the only Anglican chapel in the country to be dedicated to the Archangel St. Raphael whose name means 'God's Healing' or 'God has healed', and who is also known as the patron saint of travellers.
There is a wonderful feeling of peace and tranquillity within the Chapel and in February there is a superb display of snowdrops in the grounds. Views of the West Dart river.
The chapel is open every day. There is a Service of Holy Communion on the third Sunday of the month at 9 am unless stated on the website (see below).
Huccaby, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 6SD, United Kingdom
By car: Ashburton to Princetown Road, junction signed Hexworthy & Vennford Reservoir. The Chapel is 500 yards from the junction
The chapel is accessible by wheelchair and car parking is available. There are no toilet facilities (unless arranged in advance). For refreshments there is the nearby Forest Inn pub (which also offers accommodation) and also Holne Community shop tearoom