Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
The peaceful garden is situated at the back of the Church and is easily accessed through the front gate, down the path to the right of the building. The garden has been lovingly nurtured over the …
August 2019 gathering
Monday 11th November 2019, 11:56 AM
At the August meeting we shared thoughts and feelings about the Network and the pilgrim journey, both internal and external. The report on the meeting is now being sent to members and is also available in the Members' Area under Latest SPPN AGM. We developed six questions which we used with the members who joined us for the third session - the wealth of information gained from just a few people proved to us that it is vital that all members have the opportunity to contribute to this process of reflection and discernment for SPPN, and so the questions are attached to the report and all members are asked to complete and participate in this process of reflection and discernment for SPPN.