Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
The church has now re-opened.
A quiet church in the centre of a beautiful village welcomes visitors and pilgrims. There is a ministry of healing and renewal and the church is a place …
Opening of churches etc
Tuesday 14th July 2020, 2:39 PM
The situation is changing rapidly, so please check the local details if you are thinking of visiting one of our Places. Not everywhere will be open, and opening times will often be more limited than normal. Services may take place, but in all cases this is dependent upon the ability to keep staff and visitors safe, and to implement the strict guidelines regarding sanitising and social distancing etc.