Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
A small Saxon Church on an ancient Christian site in a hamlet on the edge of Andover. In 1008, a Council was held here with King Ethelred and St. Alphege the Archbishop of Canterbury, at which …
Monday 5th October 2020, 1:11 PM
Check out our Facebook Page - Ali Green has been posting daily for Creation season. As you can imagine, we have cancelled our National Gathering which was scheduled for Birmingham later this month as with various extra local lockdown restrictions across the UK it would be impossible to have a proper meeting. We hope to send out a newsletter very shortly with news of things that we are doing, and some of our Places are now opening on a restricted basis - check locally for details.