Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Welcome Brent Tor and North Brentor
Sunday 2nd June 2019, 7:57 PM
Welcome to two new Places which have joined the Network, St Michael de Rupe Brent Tor and Christ church North Brentor. These two churches are in the same parish and a pilgrimage route is planned which will extend from Saint Michael de Rupe to St Michael's at Chagford. St Michael de Rupe is set on the summit of a steep sided natural rock and can be seen from a great distance in every direction, drawing the curious to take a closer look, and affording outstanding views of Dartmoor, the Tamar Valley, Bodmin Moor and Mid Devon.