Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Sunday 7th July 2019, 11:34 PM
The Network's summer newsletter has just gone out to members. We are thinking about the future at a time of growing interest in the idea of pilgrimage, and about pilgrim journeying both internal and external. No traditional National Gathering, but a meeting at the beginning of August in Birmingham for an in-depth look at the Network, with an opportunity for members to join in and contribute. We hope to be joined by someone from our newest Place, St Michael's Church, Hall Green, Birmingham, as well as other members who are within easy reach. Contact us if you wish to be present or have any thoughts you would like to share.