Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
A 12th century Grade II* church which looks out over Otmoor. It is designated as a Pilgrimage Church within the Ray Valley Benefice as part of a local initiative to develop pilgrim routes between …
A New Year
Friday 1st January 2021, 3:33 PM
We look forward to better times for everyone in 2021, although there is still much uncertainty. Please check before visiting any of our Places as some are open if only for limited times. A members' newsletter is going out very shortly, and there are plans afoot for strengthening and developing the Network - more about this later in the New Year. Meanwhile we wish everyone peace and good health, and hope that you can find those still and simple places which are important in these trying times, whether you are able to find an actual Place, or just a small corner in your own home or locality.