Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Taking stock and looking forward
Monday 5th August 2019, 3:48 PM
The gathering in Birmingham at the beginning of August proved very fruitful in terms of ideas and shared experience. A report will be produced in due course. Woodthorpe was a great venue, with lovely gardens with woods, a labyrinth and a lake. Another Quaker venue - Peterborough - is holding a Garden Pilgrimage on 31st August. See the Peterborough entry under Places to Visit for details.