Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Sunday 16th April 2017, 10:26 AM
May we wish you all a happy and blessed Easter. The spring mailing went out during Holy Week, with the 2017 Handbook, Annual Meeting information,leaflets etc. We hope all members have received it, and remind you that the documents are also available on the Members' Area of this website. The National Gathering and AGM is being held in Peterborough this year on Saturday 21st October. A new link in our Links section - the North Wales Pilgrim's Way - the annual pilgrimage to Ynys Enlli (Bardsey Island) takes place 27 May - 9 June.