Welcome to all visitors - Tourists, Seekers and Pilgrims
A place where your mind can be idle, and forget its concerns, descend into silence, and worship in secret.— Thomas Merton
Small Pilgrim Places are:
- Spaces for pondering, breathing, meditating, praying and ‘being’
- Small places, not those already on the map, well-known, or that draw crowds;
- Simple, quiet and unpretentious, with the presence of the Divine;
- Places of worship, gardens, ruins, open spaces, holy wells, etc.;
- Welcoming and inclusive.
The Small Pilgrim Places Network:
- Brings together people who support the ethos of SPPs through prayer and practical support;
- Encourages members to promote the key elements of SPPs - quiet prayer and meditation, hospitality, silence, space and simplicity not only in SPPs but also in their own personal situations;
- Is mutually supportive, encouraging the exchange of experiences, inspiration and practicalities.
Today's Featured Place
Tuesday 2nd May 2017, 4:00 PM
Ali Green has sent us the latest episode of her journeying around Small Pilgrim Places - this time visiting the Hedd Wen Peace Place in Llanfoist, Abergavenny. (Her journal entries can be found in the Inspiration section of the Members' Area.) We look forward to hearing her speak about the whole experience at our National Gathering on 21st October 2017 in Peterborough.